Kathy presented on the Bushfire risk assessment for Mundaring Sports stadium to a room of key stakeholders in the fire management and environmental sectors.The project demonstrated the benefit of using a Method 2 BAL assessment for determining radiant heat flux on the proposed development.
Representatives of local government, the Department of Fire & Emergency Services and environmental organisations also delivered presentations on topics such as:
• strategies to protect bush forever and other urban bushland sites
• fuel characteristics of vegetation of the Swan Coastal Plain
• land restoration, monitoring and weed control following fire
• impact of fire on wildlife habitat and predator mobility, and
• impact of climate change on fires in organic soils.
A second forum is planned for the 10th of March in Busselton – See link below for more details.